$1.20 Per board foot - Softwoods
MC = 8% -12% +/- 1%
$2.00 Per board foot - Hardwoods
MC = 5-9 %
We can pick up & drop off materials at your request.
THE BENEFITS TO DRYING WITH OUR KILN:
- RF kilns offer a significant reduction in drying times. In many cases as little as 1/10th of the time that is required when drying in conventional kilns. Our RF kiln will sterilize the wood, exactly what our health conscious clients are looking for.
- RF kilns have the ability to dry heavy stock (8/4, 10/4, 12/4) and large timber efficiently and without major defect.
- Heat treatment temperatures in RF kilns can be reached in much less time than conventional heat treatment methods as a result of efficient “direct heating”. RF kilns are now an approved method of heat treating lumber under ISPM -15.
- RF kilns do not require stickers between the lumber which eliminates sticker labour and sticker stain. RF drying does not rely on air movement between the lumber to remove moisture. Walnut does not require steaming to keep rich tones.
- RF kilns run solely on electricity thereby eliminating the need for large commercial boilers. This creates a greener footprint on the environment.
- The Radio Frequency drying process heats from the inside out which causes the core of the wood to dry first. This gradual drying from the inside out allows the external surface of the wood to remain wet until the end of the drying cycle. Maintaining a wet outer surface for as long as possible significantly reduces checking and the overall defect of the finished product.
- Special Species that take several months in conventional kilns only take weeks in this baby.